Here are the details you need to know for visiting the temple on Sundays during the pandemic (current as of October 2020):
1) When you drive in, stop at the Guard Desk. You will be asked a series of questions, such as “Do you have a cough, cold, fever, or shortness of breath?” You will also be requested to give us your name and telephone number for contact tracing purposes (in case anyone later finds out to be COVID-19 positive we can immediately contact those who attended that day’s functions.)
2) It is imperative that you wear a mask when coming to the temple; please bring your own. (See protocol above for wearing them.)
3) Physical distancing needs to be maintained. We have put yellow tape markers on the floor outside the temple room for visitors to stand 6 feet apart, where we request you to wait until the next space inside becomes available.
4) You will be required to use hand sanitizer provided by the greeter before entering the temple room.
5) Follow the pink arrows around the temple room and take a moment in front of Srila Prabhupada and each Deity altar to offer your prayers (remain standing up). If you would like, you can stand on one of the yellow X markers spaced 6′ apart on the floor and participate in the kirtan for a few minutes. Please limit your time in the temple room for the benefit of other visitors. If there is no crowd you may stay longer.
6) As you exit the property with your car, you can receive Sunday Feast prasad boxes to-go from the attendants at the exit gate between 4:30 – 6:30 pm, one box per person please. Open your trunk or back door and the attendants will place the prasad boxes in your car.
Govinda’s Gifts Open on Sundays
Govinda’s Gifts is open on Sundays from 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm, and during the week by appointment (get in touch with us via the temple office contact information at the bottom of this newsletter.)
- Please be wearing your mask when you come in.
- Three shoppers allowed inside at a time. Please no hanging out or socializing inside the gift shop.
- If there’s something you want that you don’t see, just ask and we will try to get it for you.
- WE HAVE MASKS FOR SALE: 100% cotton, adjustable, breathable, comfortable, reusable and washable $3; the disposable, single-use masks are $1. EKADASI HING is also in stock.
If you would like to get temple lunch prasad, come to the front entrance at 12:30 pm and our guard will place the prasadto-go meal box into your car. DO NOT COME OVER TO THE KITCHEN. There are devotees at work packing up the prasad, please do not disturb them. Donations accepted.