Come celebrate Sri Krishna Janmastami at the ISKCON Alachua Hare Krishna Temple on Tuesday, August 11, 2020. We have planned an abbreviated, physically distanced festival this year. Everyone MUST be wearing a face mask on temple property. The temple will open at 11 am. Please plan your arrival after that time. All programs will be live streamed on our ISKCON Alachua Youtube Channel, youtube.com/alachuatemple, and on our Facebook page.
Pandemic Safety Protocol for Visitors:
If you’re feeling sick, or have recently traveled in a virus hot zone, please stay home and participate via our online live streams. There will be a guard at the entrance gate, taking your temperature with a no-touch thermometer and asking you a series of questions about your health and recent travels, and for contact tracing purposes.
Please go over the following questions with every member in your party before coming to the temple: Have you recently traveled in a virus hot zone? Have you recently come in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19? Are you currently, or have you recently been feeling sick, displaying any of the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, unusual muscle or body aches, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea? If yes, you and anyone traveling in the car with you will not be allowed to attend the festival. Please stay home to avoid making others sick. Thank you for your cooperation.
In the interest of public health, we request visitors not to linger on the property. Please come and receive darshan, participate for a short while in the events outlined below, and then proceed back to the exit gate, where you will receive packaged to-go plates of delicious Krishna prasad for yourself and family members.
Children MUST be accompanied by parents at all times. Please do not bring children to the temple after dark, if at all possible.
11:00 am – 2:00 pm, Seniors Darshan
This time slot is reserved for senior citizens and guests who wish to avoid the crowds.
- Follow the signs into the temple room, offer your respects standing up. Spend a couple of minutes in front of each altar.
- Make your way out the side door, to the abhishek tent. An attendant will guide you through the bathing ceremony of Sri Sri Radha-Krishna.
- Fire yajna at 1:00 pm with physically distanced chairs at the brick patio area.
- Pick up a to-go box of prasad on your way out.
- Please do not linger on the property. Thank you for your cooperation!
2:00 pm – 10:30 pm, Public Darshan
- After you park your car, pass by our Welcome Table where you can get a face mask if you do not already have one, and apply some hand sanitizer.
- Join the queue for entering the temple to receive Darshan of the Deities, maintaining a 6-foot distance from others. The door attendant will advise you how to pass through the temple room safely, wearing your face mask. Please do not touch any surfaces, and pay your respects to the Deities with folded hands, avoiding bowing down on the floor at this time.
- As you exit from your darshan, you can join the line for the Sri Sri Radha Krishna abhishek bathing ceremony. You may bathe Krishna, and then pull the swing (jhulan) for Baby Gopal from 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
- There’ll be a Fire Yajña at 7:30 pm, where you can sit in one of the physically distanced chairs. Families may sit together at tables; sitting will be allowed only during the Fire Yajña.
- As you return to the parking lot, stop at the beautiful Ratha-yatra cart and offer your prayers to Sri Sri Jagannath, Baladeva and Subhadra, and receive maha-prasad.
- As you exit the property in your car, stop at the Prasadam Tent where you will receive to-go boxes of delicious prasad.
- The temple room doors will close at 10:30 pm. The pujaris (priests) will perform midnight arati which will be live streamed at YouTube.com/alachuatemple and on our ISKCON Alachua Facebook page.
Click here to donate to support the Janmastami Festival.
Janmastami Festival Volunteers
We’ll need the help of many volunteers to hold this festival in a safe, physically distanced manner. Please consider volunteering for one of the services via the sign-up form below.