The Child Protection Office has an excellent service opportunity for you. This easy and inspiring seva is one that you can do on your own or with others, such as your family or a reading group. Together we will compile a repository of all quotes and references from the teachings of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada related to the protection of children.
The quotes may directly reference children, or the duty to protect others. Reference may be contextual, such as the pastime of Lord Nrsimhadeva – the original child protector – or Putana, who appeared to be a trustworthy person but had ill intentions to harm the child. You may also include references about vaishnava aparadha.
Here’s how you can help with this easy and inspiring service:
1. Choose one of Srila Prabhupada’s books that you commit to reading for references. It can be a chapter, a canto, or the whole book.
2. Sign up for your chosen book/section, by either:
* Commenting or private messaging Pages for Protection (our Facebook page);
* Commenting on the line that corresponds to your chosen reading on this spreadsheet https://tinyurl.com/mr25crjt;
* Emailing – PagesForProtection@gmail.com.
3. When you have found something relevant, submit excerpts from your chosen book/section, by either:
* Emailing – PagesForProtection@gmail.com or
* Private messaging Pages for Protection.
The results of this project will help devotees understand the importance of protecting children in Krishna conscious culture. This repository of references will support discussions on the subject matter and guide future decisions. Having easy-to-access selections will enable devotees to speak confidently on the topic of child protection.
Our goal is to have references from Srila Prabhupada’s books collected by the end of 2022. So go ahead, pick a selection and let us know what you find.